Excavation and drains
Wether they date from 10, 20 or 40 years, drains can have obstructions caused by deposits such as iron ocher, mud or rootlets, if not all at once. It also often happens that they have simply been improperly installed or heavily damaged for various reasons.
In this case as in any other, you necessarily notice the inconveniences this causes: significant increase of the level of moisture in the basement, likely growth of mold, which would represent a health risk, and even water infiltrations at the base of the foundation or cracks in the concrete.
QUALINET EXCAVATION-DRAINS IS THERE TO DIAGNOSE AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM!
When a drain problem occurs, we first try to check the magnitude and source of the problem using a special camera. However, to complete this maneuver, your drain must be connected to an access surface, be connected to a sump or to a storm sewer with a check valve. Otherwise, Qualinet Excavation-Drains will excavate to reach the defective drain and conduct a full review.
A partial obstruction may require only the use of a fisher while for more serious problems, it will be necessary to proceed to the removal and replacement of the entire drainage system. In such a situation, Qualinet Excavation-Drains compact excavators will minimize the impact of work on your property.
WE ARE PROFESSIONALS AND AT EVERY STEP YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM THE BEST SERVICE:
- Diagnosis with last generation video equipment
- Verification beforehand of the regulation concerning water treatment and drainage connections to the municipal sewer
- Verification with the Info-Excavation service to avoid damaging the public utilities’ underground pipes or cables
- Temporary removal and reinstallation of obstacles on your property that could interfere with maneuvering machinery
- Excavation only where required
- Installation or replacement of drains according to the latest standards of the Quebec Building Code
- Connection to a vertical section thus allowing future drain inspection and cleaning without resorting to excavation
- Backfilling the base with crushed stone and a geotextile membrane
- Verification of the foundation walls to detect any cracks
- If necessary, application of a waterproofing membrane or vertical drainage on foundation walls
- Final backfilling
All franchisees bearing the Qualinet Excavation-Drains logo are licensed by the Régie du Bâtiment du Québec. Their work is guaranteed and so is your satisfaction.